Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Wednesday, September 14, 2011

M

When I began this blog, I had no idea what I was doing, nor, really, why I was doing it.  It started out as something of a dare: A friend of mine had created her own blog, and she more or less challenged me to do the same.  I figured it was a relatively low-cost New Year's resolution, and so, in late 2008, I posted my first dispatch from Solipsist Central.  Despite many a weary night and the ever-present threat of writer's block, I have somehow managed to keep this thing going for, now, roughly 1,000 days (taking into account the occasional double-posting days and the even-less-frequent missed days).  Folks, you find yourself reading the 1,000th post to "The Solipsist."

Time to take stock,

First, an embarrassing admission,  Many of you have noticed and commented on my habit of writing things in the first-person plural ("we," "our," etc.).  This was a mistake.  See, all this time, I've written this blog according to the old rallying cry, "There is no 'I' in 'solipsist.'"  Turns out there are TWO "i's."  What I meant, of course, is that there is no "you" in "Solipsist."  Which is true.  We--I mean, I--regret the error, and will take it upon myself to engage in a massive clean-up effort to correct all my old posts.  I'm thinking of subcontracting this to Halliburton.

Deep down, I know that a thousand posts doesn't mean that much.  Is it a significantly greater accomplishment than, say, 864 posts?  Will it be diminished after I write the 1,001st post tomorrow, inshallah?  Not really.  Still, I take pride.  I mean, I've written as many blog entries as there are legs on a millipede.  Arnie has just the one left!  (Note to self: Buy a new millipede.)

Anyway, to my small but steady band of followers, I say, Thanks for reading.  I hope you've enjoyed the ride so far.  Let's see where we go from here.

2 comments:

  1. Who knew you would take to the dare with such aplomb? (I did.)

    You have surpassed me in word count and in range of topics. I salute you.

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We for one are certainly impressed and congratulate you sincerely.
    Only... well, making your 1,000th column ABOUT making your 1,000th column seems to us a bit... oh, what's the word?

    ReplyDelete