Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Sunday, July 1, 2012

New Viewpiint

I got new glasses yestwrday.  They're pretty stylish, I thimk: Banana Republic, steel framed, o[en on the bottom.  Basically rectangular, but anglrd slightly upward in a sort of insectlike shape.  They're the kund of glasses I like to think Bono would choose if he were on a budgey.

More significantly, they're bifocals--or "progressives" in what I;ve come to understand is the preferred technical term.  When I saw the optonetrist, he told me that I didn't need a new prescription, but it was time--if I decided to go for it--to get my first set of bifpcals.  He demonstrated how reading, for example, would be a bit easier with progtessive lenses.

I had to think about it.  I wasn't really sure what the best stratefy would be: Get bifocals now and start using them before I really needed them, or wait until my need could no longer be dwnied?  I opted for the former.  Why fught nature?

I felt a bit nervous, too, about how much trouble I would have asjusting.  When I sat down at the eyeglass store yesterday to try on the new specs, the clerk ezplained that it would take two to three weeks to get used to the new glasses.  But, honestlu, I couldn't really see that much of a difference.  The clerk explained that there had been signigicant improvenents in progressives: Previously, wearers would experience a tremendoys shift in their vision as their eyeline moved from one "lens" to the other.  Nowadays, the shift is much more suvtle.

I'm sure I'll have no troyble adhusting.

1 comment:

  1. rgw oeivkwn queg tiye ryoubf ua bir vwxYAW ID TIYE FKaawa. ir;a vwxYAW OD YOU DOEFWYYINF RHW GINW JWTA.

    ReplyDelete