Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Friday, August 31, 2012

Chairs as Empty as Rhetoric

Everybody's jumping all over poor, addle-minded Clint Eastwood (Don't pummel me, Clint!) for spending an inordinate amount of time at the Republican National Convention talking to no one.  I've been doing that here for the last three-plus years!  You don't see anyone making fun of me.

You don't, do you?  You'd tell me, right?

I've always associated the "empty chair" with gestalt psychotherapy: The therapist has the client speak to the empty chair, "seating" therein a person that the client wishes to confront, the better to exorcise the mental demons that torment.  I guess that's what Eastwood was doing, the demonic President Obama having possessed the previously not-so-demented Republican Party.  Kind of dramatic, when you think about it.  Of course, it dramatizes nothing so much as the fact that the GOP is in serious need of psychotherapy.

Incidentally, I didn't catch Romney's speech, and I was swamped at work today and had no time to read anything about it.  Did I miss anything?

OK, didn't think so.

1 comment:

  1. I've said this before and I'll say it again. I hated George W as President and I hate Obama as President....I can see why The Solipsist would favor Obama over Romney. Everyone should vote in his own best interest. Obama is a strong union supporter and The Solipsist belongs to a union....The most important things to me about government that I'd like to see fixed are not going to be fixed by a President (bye-bye to the Fed, bye-bye to Big Bankers and Globalists, one-term Representatives and Senators, no money in the election process, no perks from lobbyists, Personal Freedom and Privacy returned).....I'm not a Romney fan, but because my profession is business, I choose Romney.

    ReplyDelete