Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Saturday, January 18, 2014

What the Dean Do (continued)

In case anyone out there was wondering, my exact title is "Dean of Liberal Arts," the Liberal Arts Division being one of four divisions at my college.  Liberal Arts comprises the following departments: English, Music, Drama, Foreign Languages, ESL, Journalism, and Fine and Media Arts.  I'm also in charge of tutoring.  I'm NOT in charge of the library, which is somewhat surprising; after all, you can't even SPELL "liberal arts" without using several of the same letters as appear in the word "library," but what are you gonna do? At any rate, I made it through the first week and I am pleased to say that I managed to achieve my first major goal: not having the college spontaneously combust on my watch. If the second week turns out to be as successful as the first, I expect that I might just succeed in this job after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment