Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Thursday, December 24, 2015

In Which I Set Myself Up for Coal in My Stocking

Driving down I-80 yesterday, I passed a white Fiat with a Florida license plate, "ZERO FUX."  I'm still not sure whether to be horrified that the Florida DMV allowed that license plate or incredibly impressed that the Florida DMV allowed that license plate.

*************
Why do radio stations, especially rock and roll radio stations, feel compelled to play nothing but Christmas music from, like, 3:00 PM on December 24th through the entirety of the 25th?  Don't get me wrong: Despite my Judaism, I basically like Christmas.  I've spent many a Yule with Christian friends--or wives--and there is undeniably a certain warmth and comfort that comes with the season.  At worst, when on my own, I go to the movies and get Chinese take-out--which has its undeniable pleasures as well.  But Christmas music?  Rock and roll Christmas music?  Springsteen's "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" is about as good as it gets--and even THAT isn't particularly good.

1 comment: