Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Saturday, May 5, 2012

I'll Drink to This

I have seen the future of beverage dispensing, and it lives in a chicken joint.

Wing-Stop is a fast food chain here in northern California (and perhaps elsewhere, but why would I care about that?) that specialized in chicken wings.  And, maybe, stopping.  Buffalo wings!  Boneless wings!  Meatless wings!  You name it, they got it.  They also feature a variety of sauces and seriously yummy French fries (they're kind of sweet and salty at the same time).  But their latest feature has blown my mind.

When I ordered a soda, I was handed a cup and pointed toward the "fountain."  Instead of the familiar big box with a series of nozzles, I stood face-to-face with a refrigerator-sized behemoth with a single nozzle and a touch-screen.  The screen features, like, 20 different drinks, and, of course, you can create combos.  So, I was thinking I would make myself a litttle mix of Sprite and lemonade.  I pushed the "Sprite" button--and here's where it gets freaky.

After I pushed the button, I was taken to another screen . .  .where I could select from a variety of FLAVORED SPRITES!  Regular Sprite!  Orange Sprite!  STRAWBERRY SPRITE!  And--wait for it!--PEACH SPRITE!

Peach!  Sprite!  What Roman God of carbonated drinks had descended Earthward and bestowed upon us mere mortals such nectar of the Gods!  Needless to say, I didn't even bother mixing my Peach Sprite with anything else--pure superfluity that would be.  But whenever the urge strikes I can go back and engage in all manner of concoctery!  The combinatory possibilities are endless!

I may never come home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment