Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Friday, June 22, 2012

Sports Notes

I am sitting here, keeping my fingers crossed that I will soon be watching the Mets play the Yankees.  This is another one of those rare nights when, despite the fact that I live in the SF Bay Area, I have access to my team (the Mets) on national television.  I am under no illusions: I realize the primary--if not only--reason I am receiving this treat is that the Mets are playing the Yankees, America's team!, the most popular franchise in all of sports! blah-di-blah-di-blah-di-blah I am so sick of all the Yankee SUCK-UPS in this country. . . .

Anyway, I plan to enjoy tonight's game regardless of whatever the outcome.  Now I just have to hope that MLB network doesn't decide to cut away to Boston.

****************************************

All right, also: Congratulations to LeBron James on his first championship.  I still think he acted kind of like a jerk a couple of years ago--not so much for leaving Cleveland as for holding a primetime infotainment special to make the announcement.  Still seems like an unnecessarily sadistic thing to have done to his hometown team.  But, whatever: He's clearly the best player in the game right now, so, good for him.  But just wait 'til next year!  Knicks 2013!

A boy can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment