Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Seasons Greetings

As a non-practicing member of the Jewish faith, I have never had particularly strong feelings one way or the other about Christmas.  I've always appreciated the festive mood that comes over people--particularly when I lived in New York, and the city seemed to unwind slightly from its normal state of aggravated frenzy.  But ultimately Christmas is just another day to hang out and, perhaps, enjoy a movie and Chinese food.

Today, in a change of pace, I'm gorging on basketball.  Five--count 'em, FIVE--games, back to back to back to back.  Uh, to back.  As I watch, I also find myself thinking about my stepfather.  He passed away several years ago, but I can't help but think how much he would have enjoyed this.  He was a huge basketball fan, and, though he would no doubt have been pained by the lackluster performance of the local New York teams, such a glut of games would have seemed like quite the Festivus miracle.

Anyway, however you are all celebrating your holiday--whether "holy" or not--I hope you're having a good time.  Happy holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment