Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Sunday, November 29, 2015

In Which We Dream a Little Dream of Someone We Apparently Already Know

Scrolling through Facebook yesterday, I came across a link to "12 Amazing Facts about Sleep." Blatant clickbait to be sure, and so, obviously, I clicked.  The first fact was, indeed, kind of amazing, to wit, that you can only dream of faces you've actually seen--even if you don't consciously remember seeing them.  Fascinating. And then I thought about that statement.  "Wait a second. How could you possibly prove that?" I mean, I can certainly dream of PLACES I've never been. I'm willing to accept that faces differ from places--for one thing, they have an 'f'--but still. If I dream of a person I've never seen, how can anyone prove that I've actually seen that person, but that I just don't remember it? Sounds like something sleep scientists came up with to make themselves look cool at parties.

Interesting ramification:  If I meet ithe girl of my dreams, then I've actually met her before. I just didn't know it.


No comments:

Post a Comment