Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Friday, February 24, 2012

Maher Money, More Problems

Last night, during a stand-up comedy special, Bill Maher presented a check for $1 million to Priorities USA, a super-PAC supporting Barack Obama's re-election.  In general, I find the whole super-PAC concept nauseating, just the most blatant evidence that our entire political system is dominated by moneyed interests.  However, if someone must buy my leaders, I guess I'd rather it be Bill Maher than, say, the Koch brothers.

Maher's donation reveals two interesting facts:

One, Bill Maher is freakin' loaded!  I mean, if he's donating a million bucks to a super-PAC, then he must have at least. . . .Well, close to a million dollars!  Probably a little more, assuming he wants to go on eating after making his donation.  I could see a million dollar donation from Clooney or Brangelina or, I don't know, Gallagher--but Bill Maher!  All he does is make snarky comments about our political system, which brings me to fact number two:

Why don't I have a million dollars?!?  (Okay that was more of a question than a fact.)  I'm definitely in the wrong business.  Or at least the wrong medium.

1 comment:

  1. She said, without fear that anyone would be surprised: "Apparently, I, too, am in the wrong industry."

    ReplyDelete