Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Monday Miscellany--Tuesday Edition

If people with doctorates are called "Doctor," why aren't people with masters degrees called "Master"?

***************************************
GREAT MOMENTS IN STUDENT-TEACHER INTERACTION

I. Today, our copier suffered a paper-jam.  As I was crouched down next to it, fumbling with a pair of tweezers and unsuccessfully attempting to clear the paper jam (and thinking "For this I got two masters degrees?"), a student came up and asked, "Is the copier working?"

Yes, dear: We just like to leave all the machine's internal mechanisms strewn around the floor so they can get some air.

"Not right now, no.  Sorry."

*******************************************
II. Yesterday a student asked if somebody could teach him how to use the computers.

"Are you having a problem with the computer?  We have people who can assist you?"

"I'm not really having a problem--I just don't know how to use computers, and I was wondering if someone here could teach me."

"Well, we don't really do that.  The college does, however, have introductory classes where you can learn all the basics of using computers.  You should register for one of those."

"Oh, I don't want to take a computer class.  I just want someone to teach me how to use computers."

"Yes, well I can see where taking a class would defeat the purpose."

"What?"

"Nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment