Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ask The Solipsist

Dear The Solipsist:

Every time I hear someone referrin' to a "YouTube video," I find meself stuck for a moment thinkin' they're speakin' of a "U2 video."  I used to feel what I can only consider to be understandable pride in the continued popularity of our little Dubliner punk foursome, but lately it's gotten annoyin'.  When I hear talk o' "U2 videos," I start to wonderin' whether I'm missin' out on royalties, which could be put to truly noble use!  Microloans for Indonesian kelp fishers!  A new library for the war-widows of Guinea-Bissau!

D'ye think I'd be actin' too much the bouncin' caffler if I were to ask people simply to enunciate the 'B' in "YouTUBE," so as not to be causin' me such distress? 

Yours,

Bono
______________________________________________

Dear Bono (if that is your real name):

While I understand your distress, I think you need to look at the big picture: You're a world-famous rock star, worshipped by millions, who will probably win the Nobel Peace Prize before even I do.  I think you should just ignore the whole issue.  It's not worth getting upset about.  Be mellow.  Just ask yourself, "What would Jesus do?"  Or better yet, Edge.

PS: Why do you write with an Irish accent?

No comments:

Post a Comment