Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Monday, August 13, 2012

Olympic Addendum

At first, synchronized diving impressed me.  Then I realized that rocks can do it.
I finally understand how the International Olympic Committee comes up with new events.  It's all about evolution.  A single-sex sport becomes co-ed (boxing), an individual sport adds a "team" event (rhythmic gymnastics), or athletes are challenged to do things simultaneously that they had previously only done sequentially.  Already, there is talk of men's rhythmic gymnastics becoming a demonstration sport in 2020.  I wouldn't be surprised someday soon to see team javelin (look out downfield!) or synchronized pole-vault.

I'm waiting for the Olympics to introduce synchronized blogging.  Then again, I don't think I could compete with Fareed Zakaria.  (Too soon?)



Image from Boiledbeans.net

No comments:

Post a Comment