Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Sunday, October 21, 2012

I've Always Wanted to Play Iago

The other night, we watched "The Forbidden Kingdom," a reasonably entertaining martial arts-fantasy, if you're into that sort of thing.  It's no "Kung Fu Hustle"--which, if you HAVEN'T seen, go out and watch immediately; you'll thank me later--but it passes the time well enough.  Anyway, the movie stars Jackie Chan AND Jet Li as rivalrous Kung Fu masters who team up to train a novice who must, of course, free the Monkey King, win the girl, save the kingdom--the usual stuff.

As I watched, though, I couldn't help wishing I had worked on this movie.  In any capacity.  If I had,   I would have gone up to Jackie Chan and said, "Hey, Jackie, you know Jet Li just said your Mom was a bitch!"  And then I would have gone up to Jet Li and said, "Hey, Jet--is that really your name?  Anyway, Jackie Chan just called your sister a whore!"

And then I would have just sat back and watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment