Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Saturday, November 17, 2012

Just Another Day at Solipsist Central

(A follow-up to yesterday's post)

November 16, 2012

SOL (On phone): Hey, I'm heading out.  I'm going to stop by the grocery store on the way home.  We need milk and stuff. . .
WOS: OK.
SOL: Um. . . Listen, I have something to tell you.
WOS: What?
SOL: Well. . . have you seen the news today?
WOS: No.  Why?
SOL: OK. . . . Um. . . Well, maybe you'd better sit down.
WOS: What happened?!?
SOL: Well. . .OK, Hostess is going out of business. . .
WOS: Yeah, so?
SOL: So. . . Y'know. . . No more Twinkies.
WOS: WHAT?!?
SOL: I know.
WOS: No!
SOL: I'm sorry.  I know this comes as a shock, but--
WOS: No. This-- This is bad!
SOL: Well, there's nothing we can do about it.
WOS: OK, you need to go to the store and get ALL the Twinkies!!!
SOL: Well, I'm not--
WOS: Yes. You. Are.

(A few minutes later.  I get into my car.  My cell phone rings.)
SOL: Yes?
WOS: OK, here's what you do: You buy up all the Twinkies, all the Ho-Ho's, all the cupcakes.  We store them on the shelves in the pantry, then we SELL them on eBay for a fortune!
SOL: Um. . .
WOS: Pretty good, huh?
SOL: You're just gonna eat them, aren't you?
WOS: Yeah, probably.
SOL: Bye.
WOS: OK, BUT DON'T FORGET TO BUY LOTS OF--
(I hang up.)

(A few minutes later.  I am walking through the parking lot to the supermarket.  My cell phone rings.)
SOL: Hi.
WOS: Did you just try to call me?
SOL: No.
WOS: I was on the other line, and somebody called.  I thought maybe it was you.
SOL: Nope.
WOS: OK.  (Pause) So. . .
SOL: I'm NOT buying up the whole supply of Twinkies!
WOS: COME ON, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!  TWIIIIIIN-KIIEEEES!!!!
(I hang up.)

(I am walking through the store.  I am in the bread aisle.  I think we need bread. I call.)
SOL: Hey, do we need bread?
WOS: Um, yeah.  (Pause.)
SOL: (Sigh) Go ahead.
WOS: Have you gotten the Twinkies yet?
SOL: You need to let this go.
WOS: I CAN'T LET IT GO.
SOL: I'll get you some Twinkies.  As long as they haven't already been cleaned out. . .
WOS: Don't even joke!

(A few minutes later, I call home again.)
SOL: (Struggling not to laugh hysterically)  OK, you're going to think I'm kidding, but I'm not.
WOS: What?
SOL: ALL the Twinkies are gone!  All that's left are the chocolate-filled ones, and a few boxes of cupcakes!
WOS: WHAT ABOUT HO-HO'S?!?
SOL: Nope.  But here's the best part: There's a woman here whose ENTIRE SHOPPING CART is filled with Hostess products!
(WOS and I both start laughing hysterically!)
WOS: Well, wait, that's not cool!  You need to confront her!
SOL: I'm not going anywhere near her! I'm just going to consider myself lucky if I make it back to my car with the two boxes of cupcakes I've managed to snag!
WOS: Yeah, you better move fast!
SOL: This place is scarier than a Staten Island gas station!
WOS: Can we go to Target tomorrow?
SOL: Only if you acquire weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment