Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Friday, March 29, 2013

Movin' On

Solipsist Central will be relocating over the next few weeks, so the publication schedule may be a bit. . . erratic.  I plan to continue trying to post every day, but the posts may tend toward the brief, not to say terse, 'cause no one says "terse" in this day and age--sounds like the way Archie Bunker would pronounce "toys" or something--  Where was I?  Oh, yeah, so anyway, I'll try to keep up my steady flow of banter, but no promises.

Today, I had to go get our water service hooked up.  Really makes one nostalgic for New York City, I can tell you.  Do you know that New York City residents don't pay for water?  I mean, I suppose they do in the form of taxes and increased fees for parboiled "hot dogs," but no one gets an actual water bill.  Garbage pickup, too, is incorporated into the fabric of city life without involving extra payments from the local residents.  Thank you, Gambino crime family!

That was quite a culture shock when I moved out to California.  Water bills?  Garbage bills?  Doesn't that stuff just, y'know, happen?!?

1 comment:

  1. Not only that, but there are also bills on ducks and platypi.

    ReplyDelete