Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you read, tell your friends! If you don't like what you read, tell your enemies! Either way, please post a comment, even if it's just to tell us how much we suck! (We're really needy!) You can even follow us @JasonBerner! Or don't! See if we care!







Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thursday Trendwatch

Back on November 10, I did the usual Thursday trendwatch.  While writing, my computer shut down unexpectedly.  When I signed back on, I saw that I had just finished number 5.  I completed the column and posted it as usual.

At least, I THOUGHT I had published it as usual.

Today, as I looked through my "Drafts," hoping to find something I could quickly and easily revise and slap up on the web, I saw that, for some reason, the post for Thursday, November 10, never made it up.  Worse yet, I had lost numbers 1-4!

Anyway, since I don't have much to say today, here's part of what you missed back on November 10.

And, by the way, did NOBODY notice that there was no post for November 10?  You could have SAID something!  Yeesh!

*************************************************
Here are the top-trending topics on Yahoo! as of 6:48 PM, PST (11/10/11).

10. OGOPOGO: Ogopogo (full name, Dr. Ogopogo Clancy Bernstein, Psy.D) lives in LakeOkanagan in Canada--or does he?  Like that of the Loch Ness Monster, Ogopogo's existence has never been conclusively established, but now someone has caught him on tape.  As a Canadian, Ogopogo was a exceedingly polite to the videographer, asking nicely before biting the man's head off.

9. SCHIZOPHRENIA: A research study in Toronto (headed, I believe, by Dr. Ogopogo Bernstein) has linked schizophrenia to heavy use of methamphetamines.  Surprising, really, as meth addicts seem so mentally stable.

8. KRISTALLNACHT: In 1938, the "Night of Broken Glass" occured when Nazis rampaged through Germany, destroying synagogues and Jewish-owned businesses.  I tried to come up with a joke for this, but I'll take it as a good sign that I couldn't.

7. JON SANDUSKY: Sandusky is the director of player personnel for the Cleveland Browns.  His father, Jerry Sandusky, has been accused of sexually assaulting a series of young boys, starting when he was working as an assistant football coach at Penn State.  Proving that the sins of the father are visited upon the son, the younger Sandusky has been forced to continue working with the Cleveland Browns.

6. MADONNA LEAK: I don't care how trendy it is, I don't want to KNOW what part of Madonna is leaking.

5. 30-YEAR MORTGAGE RATE: The 30-year mortgage rate has fallen below 4%.  Nobody has any money to make a down payment, or anything, but let's call this good news anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment